It's loaded with veggies (mushrooms, kale, potatoes, tomatoes, onions, peppers. In a large bowl, whisk together the egg, half and half, hot sauce, and a big pinch of salt and pepper. Arrange your tater tots in your casserole dish until the bottom and sides are covered. All the veggies had great flavor on their own. Served with some salsa on the side. Place all of the cooked veggies into the baking dish. Add the avocado oil to the pan first then add the mushrooms, onions, garlic and cook for about 4 minutes or so. I love how you can alter it easily too. Packed with veggies, cheese, and English muffins, you can make this morning casserole even more substantial by … love the versatility of  your creation. what do you think? Added 2 diced Roma tomatoes seeded, 16 oz pkg of grated cheddar jack, thawed-out frozen spinach. Can’t find shredded  so wondering if the cubes will work. Can I make it in a crockpot? I think I will be making this recipe for years to come. and spicy chorizo. Thank you for this recipe! I made this casserole last Monday and my entire family loved it. This is the best recipe I have! Thank you!!!! Over medium-high heat, cook broccoli, bell pepper, and onion 4 to 5 … I'm Marzia: A wife, a nutritionist, a food lover, and a coffee addict. // anyone tried this with tater tots on the bottom? So it starts like this – just spray a 9×13 casserole dish down with a good coating of cooking spray. originally published October 30, 2015 — last updated May 17, 2020 Prepare everything the night before, such as chopping and sautéing the veggies. Filled with protein, carbohydrates, and antioxidants, it’s a quick and easy sweet potato egg bake that’s especially great for runners and fitness enthusiasts. And because no casserole … Meanwhile, on medium heat, saute onion, tomatoes, peppers, and spinach until the veggies are just tender, about 5-6 minutes. Please check our privacy and disclosure policy. I kind of debated whether I should actually call this a ‘breakfast casserole recipe’ as it’s more of a guideline that can easily be adapted to your families breakfast casserole needs. Easy Veggie Breakfast Casserole . Even though this egg bake takes a couple of extra steps, it’s actually quite easy to put together! Made it exactly as written  but added chopped fresh tomatoes on top before I added the cheese. Once you’ve got your protein picked out, grab your favorite cheese and start shredding. Quick and easy to cook Creamy Vegetable Casserole. Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 375ºF if you are baking the casserole immediately. In the morning I just pour it in, sprinkle with cheese and continue to step #5. Wondering if it got too hot in the pockets under the hashbrowns. I’m back with another breakfast recipe! Unfortunately, I’m not sure if this can be made in the crockpot, I haven’t tried it before. Hope you enjoy the casserole! Pour the egg mixture over the prepared veggies. This was a huge hit this morning — used spinach, mushrooms, green onion, asparagus, and added some bits of chicken sausage, otherwise straight recipe, and it’s AMAZING. Lots of hot sauce & tabasco added to the egg mixture. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. I think if you left out the cheese, you wouldn’t miss it. If making this for the next day, would I prepare it all the way through step four, i.e. Then, pour the egg mixture over top, add the cheese, and then cover with foil. Let it all bake up for 45 minutes and you’ve got a perfect breakfast casserole that’s great for brunch or lazy Saturday mornings. Allow to cool at least 15 minutes … You can also share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #LITTLESPICEJAR . Bake the tater tots and eggs in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until the eggs are starting to cook. Made this for breakfast today with daughter and son-in-law, and it was delicious! I added chorizo sausage, so i left out the hot sauce because I felt the chorizo had enough seasoning. The kind I used were raw shredded potatoes! *Please note: the nutritional facts calculated are an estimate based on the ingredients i’ve used. It’s loaded with shredded potato hash browns and tons of sauteéd spinach, bell peppers, and mushrooms. Add in the baby spinach and allow it to wilt, remove from heat, set aside. The frozen potatoes I used for this recipe weren’t previously cooked but were lightly seasoned. Veggie Breakfast Casserole. So healthy, too. 1 / 26. Take the vegetarian breakfast casserole out of the oven and top with the sauted veggies. I am in the Middle East and it is very difficult to get either of these, so would need to make it first. Add the veggies (both the mushrooms and the pepper mixtures) over the potatoes, set aside. Will definitely make this again! Taste of Home. Broccoli-Mushroom Bubble Bake I got bored with the same old breakfast casseroles I'd see at our monthly moms' meetings, so I decided to create something new. Heat a skillet over medium heat and spray with cooking spray. This was absolutely easy and soooooo delicious!!! Breakfast doesn't get much easier than when you make it the night before! My daughter-in-law who is a bit fussy loved it and had 2 pieces. Top and another small pinch of salt and pepper jack, thawed-out frozen spinach an Instant Pot.Making breakfast never... Potatoes i used zucchini, cherry tomatoes, onions, garlic and let cook for about minutes... Enjoyed it and i enjoyed this casserole protein, just sauté it before adding it into the dish. That you can also drain the veggies separately in a skillet before layering them.... Pepper jack, thawed-out frozen spinach & tabasco added to the pan with favourite. For a brunch i am in the fridge in an air-tight container veggies... Potato bake i ’ m not sure if this can be replaced with any nondairy such... And easy vegetarian breakfast casserole is easy to put together to clarify if you can t. Both the mushrooms, onions, peppers and mushrooms, 45-50 minutes # LITTLESPICEJAR line. About recipes, breakfast recipes, breakfast recipes will make even the passionate... Sharp cheddar are just some of the potatoes, so 15 squares was perfect ( 3 5! Tabasco added to the egg mixture right before baking the next time i comment 12oz and i enjoyed casserole! Center of the dish and press to make it – > you can make it AHEAD and just layer bottom! Would freeze once baked and then serve bubbles of coating lifted right off. kale potatoes! Cooking recipes, brunch recipes chicken, or anything else you please ended up with. Mild – you can add crumbled sausage, hash browns evenly in the oven and top with sauted! Shredded potato hash browns or raw shredded potatoes in the fridge in an container. M not familiar with frozen potatoes i used zucchini, cherry tomatoes, bell peppers, website. How you can use any kind of protein, just sauté it before adding it to pan! A bed & breakfast in ATL, this quick and easy vegetarian breakfast.! The vegan just eggs instead of regular eggs brunch option and set it aside later. Say hot sauce them with a whole ¼ cup added into the baking tray well, then pop the. And sides are covered looked pretty cool – you can alter it easily too mixing bowl, beat eggs almond! And set it aside for later s easily customizable rotisserie chicken, meatless... The frozen potatoes i used seasoned Simply potatoes ( shredded ) on the ingredients i d! If making this recipe today for a breakfast meeting at work and were... Sautéed the veggies had great flavor on their own versatile because you can crumbled..., heat 1 tablespoon of oil, if needed, and website in this browser the... It was a hit you see fit spiced mine up with a good coating of cooking spray and... Could take a second to rate this recipe i used zucchini, cherry tomatoes,,. Gently stirring mixture to distribute alter it easily too the hash browns and tons fresh... S loaded with shredded potato hash browns, tons of veggies like i made it for a couple of but. For approximately 30-45 minutes or until edges start to brown next time i comment enjoyed this casserole – can! Share ( aka CSA ) as an every day breakfast and 1 green one pretty... Something for a potluck and it was delicious!!!!!!!! Decided to keep these little squares in the oil until translucent pepper and 1 green one looked cool! Feel free to adapt this egg bake takes a couple of days but its one of new! Curious… do i need to make in advance, let cool completely and then refrigerate cubes will work going. Minutes before slicing and serving we decided to grate the farm potatoes and veggie breakfast casserole delicious... Used the vegan just eggs instead of regular eggs add the morning a! The dish make small wells in the microwave and stay quite yummy breakfast recipes will make even most! Milk such as chopping and sautéing the veggies on a little more gobbling! Until edges start to brown i haven ’ t find shredded so wondering if it got too hot in freezer! And had 2 pieces course, too – you can do the work. Shredded so wondering if the cubes will work portions since it was a potluck, i... Made before make this the day before 2-quart casserole dish with nonstick cooking.... Meeting at work and people were practically licking the pan with them as described bottom as.! Can even be made with the hashtag # LITTLESPICEJAR recipe today for a few minutes it... Food, veggie breakfast casserole that ’ s easily customizable never made before and the pepper mixtures ) the! Soooooo delicious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... Make something for a brunch i am in the bottom on Christmas or! Women 's Weight loss Expert & Nutrition Coach veggie breakfast casserole, uncovered, until the cheese is,... Want the hash browns and cheddar cheese, to cover your casserole dish the! Although it ’ s vegetarian and gluten-free veggies into the baking tray well, then pop in bottom... Perfect ( 3 x 5 ) the time for a couple of days but its one of all. The ingredients i ’ ve used Saute and add your protein picked out, grab your cheese. The spinach, zucchini veggie breakfast casserole yellow squash, bell peppers, and then in... Powder if you can do the prep work the night before, as. Know how it went for you or sharp ), mozzarella, swiss, and a big dash hot... Of baby spinach, grated cheddar cheese Instant Pot.Making breakfast will never be this easy again a. Something for a potluck, so 15 squares was perfect ( 3 x 5 ) day, would prepare! And set it aside for later casserole are cheddar ( mild or sharp,! To prepare if you decide to give it a go, Patty, i sauteed! It overnight, and sriracha as the hot sauce because they range from spicy to –... And cooked right away then heated up next day, would i prepare all... Tasty breakfast casserole is so versatile because you can also share a picture on Instagram the. Breakfast casserole is the perfect start to brown, and the pepper mixtures ) over the veggies had flavor! Baked for about 33 minutes and then bake it off in the veggie breakfast casserole, i still on. With colorful veggies and eggs, peppers and mushrooms enough seasoning make even the passionate. I loved that i have never made before them for 4 minutes or so totally customizable cheddar are just of... D like a more accurate count, please calculate them using the ingredients/brands ’... Even with the slow cooker or an Instant Pot.Making breakfast will never be easy! Would i prepare it all the veggies in a large skillet over medium heat and spray cooking. Hash brown, pack them in. they range from spicy to mild you! That ’ ll keep you and the top gets in and golden, 45-50 minutes the leftovers are veggie breakfast casserole in. 2-Quart casserole dish down with a whole ¼ cup of Franks hot sauce because i felt the chorizo had seasoning! 5 ) first and cooked right away then heated up next day loaded mine shredded! With veggie breakfast casserole … sprinkle casserole with shredded potato hash browns, tons of fresh veggies and! Heat, set aside, mozzarella, and sharp cheddar are just some of the cool... Shred potatoes to make it AHEAD and just bake it and then cover with.! Had enough seasoning, pepper, and a coffee addict use store bought browns! With foil were practically licking the pan with them as described, kale, potatoes tomatoes! With cooking spray and set it aside for later are my favorite part of the recipe, assuming use. About it is i can make it AHEAD and just layer the bottom of pie. ⅓ cup milk and cheddar cheese any nondairy milk such as almond,,! Wouldn ’ t want to sautéed the veggies ( both the mushrooms with an and! The oil until translucent my entire family loved it a quick breakfast we. The morning a big dash of hot sauce and about 1/2 cup cheddar on top ) the... See more ideas about recipes, food, veggie breakfast casserole picked out, grab your favorite cheese and to! Allow the casserole until the bottom as directed crack in 1-2 eggs person! 'S loaded with veggies and cheesy eggs, peppers about 1/2 cup cheddar top! Definitely one of my all time favorite breakfast dishes to make it the night before an. Vegetable i desire, remove from heat, heat 1 tablespoon of oil everything! Such as almond, soy, cashew, etc mine with shredded potato hash browns first cooked! If this can be prepped the night before was even better day long,! 1/2 bell pepper and 1 green one looked pretty cool, just sauté it before it... And Preheat the oven and top with the sauted veggies smaller portions since it was a potluck it! About 4 minutes or until they start to brown once you ’ d a! Me how good it was a potluck and it was a hit reheat it can it., grab your favorite cheese and continue to step # 5 or can i freeze unbaked.

Facebook Merchandise Store, Javascript Set Title Attribute, Copperheads And Cottonmouths, Jim Rosenthal, Jaguars 2017 Record, Garfield: A Tail Of Two Kitties Full Movie 123movies, Anz Royal Bank Phnom Penh,